HP printer not printing issues are faced by plenty of individuals. Despite their reputation for dependability, even HP printers occasionally require assistance.
Several possible problems might occur with printers. Common HP printer problems include low ink levels, poor print quality, etc.
You need to understand the potential reasons for the HP printer not printing issue. For that, continue to the next portion of the post.
Why Is My HP Printer Not Printing
What causes my HP printer to stop working? When your HP printer doesn’t print, you might have such questions. Well, several things could be wrong with the HP printer.
- The driver for the printer is either missing or old.
- You have a defective connection.
- Windows has a faulty configuration.
- The printer is not working right.
Are you trying to resolve the “Why my HP printer is not printing” issue? Here are the top 4 fixes for you:
Check HP Printer Status
The first thing you should do when an HP printer stops printing is to verify the printer’s status. You cannot print if the HP Printer is offline. Additionally, it would help if you looked into other various aspects.
You should check that the printer has enough paper, ink, or toner and is free of paper jams. If the condition of the printer cartridge is defective, you should swap it out for a new one. Once you’ve completed these steps, see if your HP printer is printing correctly. If not, immediately try another approach.
To solve the problem with your HP printer, check a few things with the printer. It would help if you examined the cords connecting the wall outlet and the HP printer.
Next, examine the wiring between the PC and printer. Additionally, make sure the HP printer’s network cable is connected correctly. Examine the printer lights as well.
If the printer lights are normally glowing and everything looks Okay. Try to print a page. If the printer does not print, then switch off the printer immediately. Then, unplug the power cord and network cable. Wait for a few minutes and reconnect everything and try again.
Update Your HP Printer Driver
Your HP printer won’t print if you use a corrupt or out-of-date printer driver. In this situation, you ought to update or reinstall the driver. Follow the instructions below to reinstall the HP printer driver.
- First, Right click on My Computer and select Manage.
- Next, Click on Device Manager, located on the left side panel.
- Now, click on Print queues and then right-click on the printer driver.
- Select Uninstall device. Then, complete the procedure by following the on-screen instructions.
- Again, open Device manager and right-click on the topmost item in the list.
- From the list, click on ‘Scan for hardware changes. The new printer driver will then be set up automatically after that.
You can use the steps below to update the driver if it is outdated.
- To locate your printer driver, follow the instructions above.
- Now, right-click on the printer driver and choose Update driver.
- To finish the driver update procedure, choose Search automatically for updated driver software on the following screen. Then comply with the on-screen instructions.
Select HP Printer as your Default printer
Some people claim that the incorrect printer settings are why my HP printer won’t print. In this case, you should make the HP printer the default printer. Below are the steps.
- First, open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Now, select the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on the HP printer option and select Set as default printer. Then, respond to any questions that are given to you.
HP printers have a reputation for being extremely dependable. But they are susceptible to malfunction, similar to any other IT equipment. And the more recent printers are less able to endure abuse than the earlier versions. Nevertheless, this post can help you quickly identify and resolve the issue regardless of your HP printer model.